List Of The Most Used Job Search Engines
List Of The Most Used Job Search Engines
We have already published extensive blog posts about the difference between job search engines and job boards. This post is more of a mere list. The list includes both job search engines and job boards. But at the beginning, we would like to briefly introduce you to the main difference between the two job search tools
Job Search Engines Search Only, Manage Job Boards Also
The most basic difference between job search engines and job boards is that job search engines do not post job ads or manage them. Job search engines merely scour the Internet for job ads. In doing so, they systematically scan company websites, career portals, job boards and sometimes other job search engines using a “crawler” and then list the results on their own platform. In the course of this process, the job offers are categorized, sorted into categories and also linked to the original offers. In job boards, however, the job ad is posted directly on behalf of a customer and is also maintained. By means of search masks and search filters, suitable offers can be found by applicants.
OA (Non-Complete List) Of Job Search Engines And Job Boards
There are tons of job boards and job search engines, so the following list can only be an incomplete selection.
- StepStone: Largest generalist job board in Germany with very high reach, large customer base and extensive job selection.
- Monster: after StepStone, one of the most successful job portals in Germany, also a generalist provider
- Kimeta: as a job search engine, also generalist, has a high reach and very good filter options.
- Indeed: probably the best-known job search engine in Germany, also has a high reach, is also active internationally
- Careerjet: comparable to indeed; also available as an app
- Jobware: specialized job exchange for specialists and executives
- JobRobot: job search engine with forum for the exchange of experiences
- Yourfirm: specialized job exchange for medium-sized businesses
- Google for Jobs: as part of Google probably job search engine with the highest search power, many filter options and structured results
- LinkedIn: career network with job board, especially popular with headhunters
- Xing: comparable to LinkedIn, like this “social media for professionals”.
- Job exchange of the Federal Employment Agency: every unemployed person and prospective employee is required to register there, oldest
- Internet-based job exchange with intrinsically high reach
- StudentJob: specialized job board for personnel service providers
- WeAreDevelopers: specialized job board for software experts, also hosts a development conference
- Jobkralle: europe-wide oriented job search engine
- JOBworld: generalist job search engine
- Analytik News: specialized job portal for laboratory, chemistry, analytics and life sciences
- HogaPage: specialized job board for hotels, gastronomy, tourism and catering
- Medi-Karriere: specialized job market for medicine, health and care
The Offer Is Huge
There are already more than 20 job search engines and job boards in the list above. The more we would list, the more job search engines would feel offended not to be mentioned in the list. We could keep this job search engine list going on forever. But if even among the specialized providers your industry is not represented in our list, don’t worry, you will be able to find some job search engine or job board after a short research that covers even the most exotic niche offer.
Slected.me Wins Participation In The Master Accelerator Program Slected.me Wins Participation In The Master Accelerator ProgramSlected.me GmbH was selected for the Master Accelerator program of German Entrepreneurship and thus takes the next step in its growth...
How To Find The Right Job OffersHow To Find The Right Job OffersWhen you're looking for a new job, it can be a stressful and time-consuming task. However, there are several ways you can simplify and speed up your search for the perfect job. In this article, we'll give...
Can A Talent Scout Work Remotely? Can A Talent Scout Work Remotely? What would it look like if a talent scout worked remotely? You, too, will have noticed during your time at Corona that many jobs can be done without having to be present at the company. Talent scouts...